Dr. Roman attended the First International Symposium of the Institute of Brazilian Veterinary Ozone Therapy in Campinas, Brazil, August 25-27, 2017. Brazil has almost 800 veterinarians embracing Ozone Therapy for their animal patients. They are treating medical conditions thought to be only euthanasia cases, or requiring extensive surgery and medical care.
It was amazing to see the case presentations of paralyzed dogs, severe wounds and even cancer getting help from Medical Ozone Therapy. Lecturers from North Central and South Americas attended, as well as presenters of 15 posters of research.
Dr. Margo Roman was the Keynote Speaker and presented lectures on:
1. History and cases of ozone using subcutaneous ozonated saline and combining it with other modalities like acupuncture, homeopathy, herbs and nutrition as well as surgery, dentistry and other conventional treatments.
2. MicroBiome Restorative Therapy (“MBRT”)/fecal transplants and using ozone to reduce Biofilm of the gut and stimulating stem cells.
3. Ultraviolet Blood Therapy and combining with ozone therapy for infection and immune issues.
Others lectured on:
4. Ozone on exotic animals.
5. Ozone treatments with neurological issues in dogs and cats.
6. Dermatological conditions using Ozone Therapy.
7. Intraperitoneal Ozone therapy for cancer.
8. Ozone therapy for Pain.
9. Use of Ozone for non-union fractures.
10. Evidence Based Research with Double Blind Studies of Ozone with Animals with over seven studies presented.
Before the conference, Dr. Margo Roman visited three veterinary clinics in Campinas and taught the veterinarians to do MicroBiome Restorative Therapy (“MBRT”). The veterinarians included, Drs. Lolanda Bettenrcourt and Christiane de Toledo , and Juliana Chiminazzo - a board certified dentist, who uses ozone for pain and infection within her dental specialty office. Dr. Roman then went to San Paulo where she taught two veterinary hospitals to do MBRT, including Drs. Adriano Caquetti and Sylvia Angelica. Dr. Roman was then able to visit Dr. Heinz Conrad, MD, the first physician to bring Medical Ozone to Brazil in 1970s. It was a honor to watch him treating a women with breast cancer. The patient is doing an integrative approach using ozone as part of her immunotherapy.
“The Brazilian Hospitality was amazing. The sharing of ideas and the excitement of so many of the veterinarians attending the conference gave me hope that positive changes are happening in South America when it comes to animal care. Many of the clinics I got to see had very conventional diagnostics and care, but the adding of ozone has given the veterinarians more options.”
Drs. Lolanda Bettencourt and other veterinarians are learning how to do an MBRT on a donor dog. These five dogs became the first fecal donors in Campinas. Technician, Drs. Marian Dias, Lolanda Bettencourt, Margo Roman and Christiane de Toledo. Dogs are Morgan, Isabella, Olivia, Pretinha and Gabriella.
Teaching how to do the MBRT in San Paulo as Dr. Adriano observes. Visiting with Conrad Heinz, MD The father of Ozone Therapy in Brazil.
Dr. Zullty Zamora from Cuba presents research that really proves that ozone is one of the most important medical adjunctive in all of medicine. Ozone is effective from managing infection, from treating resistant strains of bacteria, to increased healing times of wounds and reducing pain.